The Hartlage Fence Story
Sid Hartlage started Hartlage Fence as a franchise of Amco Fence Co. in 1956. Located in a small shop on Dixie Highway, Sid brought his brother Kenny into business with him a year later. With a desire to serve Louisville’s growing South End community and provide a quality fence product, the brothers began selling chain link fence to residential customers throughout Southwest Jefferson County. The name was changed to Hartlage Fence in 1958 and the company experienced rapid growth throughout the 1960s, yet what remained unchanged was a commitment to excellent service and quality fencing.